Forgot login?
No account yet? Register

Now online

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Brooklyn wears my stuff nearly every day
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
This FashionUnited forum is designed for you to have a place for discussions, suggestions and questions.
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Brooklyn wears my stuff nearly every day
Brooklyn wears my stuff nearly every day 2 Months ago  
Brooklyn wears my stuff nearly every day, says David Beckham at Kent & Curwen’s Shanghai launch, explaining label’s appeal

If any man can draw a crowd, it’s soccer legend and men’s style icon David Beckham. He didn’t disappoint in Shanghai last week, when he flew in for the global autumn-winter 2017 launch of heritage British menswear label Kent & Curwen, whose creative direction is led by Irish designer Daniel Kearns and Beckham.

There was heavy security at the doors as the fashion crowd (camera phones out) rushed in to see the star, who was presenting on stage with Chinese actor and all-round heartthrob Hu Bing. Later that evening, Beckham would charm his way through a 50-person VIP dinner, speaking to each guest and taking endless photos. Witnessing his star power up close flustered even some Chinese celebrities.

With menswear changing so much in the last 10 to 15 years, and Asia such an important segment of the market, Beckham and Kearns’ vision for the label appears to be for it to appeal to the younger end of the market. Looking at their collection, there’s sportiness, bold hues and fresh cuts – meaning that a casual bomber jacket and tee might pair with a knife-sharp pleat on a formal, cropped khaki pant.

But as Kearns argues, “it’s not about age, but more about attitude”. Beckham echoes this sentiment, saying that he wants Kent & Curwen “to be the multigenerational brand that it can be”.

“My Kent & Curwen outfits often get stolen at home,” Beckham says. “[My 18-year-old son] Brooklyn will take my stuff and wear it almost every day, and now even Harper, who’s only seven, is at it, she takes a T-shirt and wears it as a nightdress, which is kind of cute.”

Over dinner, he says: “Kent & Curwen has such an amazing history and heritage, but what we’re trying to do with Daniel and the team is take it to a different level and improve certain aspects of the business. We’re keeping the traditions alive but adding a new, modern part. We’re very proud to have the support and passion of the Fung family.”

yellow bridesmaid dresses uk | ivory bridesmaid dresses

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Go to top
get the latest posts directly to your desktop