Tommy Hilfiger cancels NYFW show

Monday, 05 August 2013
Tommy Hilfiger has canceled its men's spring summer '14 runway show during New York fashion week. The company stated it would focus solely on its womenswear, and stage its show on 9 September during NYFW.

“We’ve made a strategic decision to focus our attention during New York Fashion Week on our women’s business,” Avery Baker, Hilfiger's press and marketing director, told WWD.

“Menswear remains at the heart of the Tommy Hilfiger brand, and we will continue to develop innovative ways to present our men’s collections through channels that speak directly to consumers,” Baker added.

According to WGSN, Hilfiger’s women’s business accounts for 40% of global retail sales, while menswear generates the remaining 60%.

The women’s runway collection is sold exclusively in 26 Tommy Hilfiger stores globally, with plans for international expansion.

The company operates over 1,200 stand-alone boutiques around the world.

Related News