University of Northampton (UK) would be staging its ‘Making Britain Great Fashion Show 2012’ with creations by Fashion and Textiles Division final year students at the Silverstone Wing on 24th May (Thursday) at 12 am (IST).
The event, which will showcase final year fashion students’ work, would be attended by leading designers such as Leon Max. Representatives from brands such as Church’s, Grensons, Dr. Martens, Lobb’s, Pittard’s and Jeffery-West would also be attending the event. The University of Northampton Fashion show will highlight the strong pedigree the Fashion and Textiles division has in leather goods and footwear - an industry traditionally associated with Northampton and aims to provide employment opportunities to students.
The following eminent persons from the fashion fraternity would be present at the event and showcasing their work:
- Hajer Al Belochi, the first female student from Oman ever to gain a fashion degree
- Anna Jacklin, who applies her passion for imperfection in the illustration of textiles and has attracted sponsorship from Offset Warehouse
- Jessica Kidby, a designer of hand-made leather suitcases evoking a nostalgia for the British Coast line using old techniques such as hand-tooling and moulding leather
- Jason George, a designer of a high-end menswear collection which uses luxury fabrics and leather
- Sophie Everson, a designer of functional women’s wear incorporating pockets for Ipad, Kindle and Oystercard
- Emily Thomas, who collaborated with Dr. Martens tannery and created her own leather used for DM shoes
- Rosalind Northen, a designer of contemporary, high end quality leather women’s wear collection
Besides these, there would also be many other students who will share fascinating stories about their life and influences on their work. Fashion enthusiasts can witness the live stream of the show at: www.northamptonfashionshow.co.uk/live-stream/
To know more about the fashion and design courses available at the University, please visit: www.northampton.ac.uk/courses/search/fashion/