Global apparel market
The global apparel market was valued at US$1.7 trillion in 2012 and employs approximately 75 million people.
Apparel and textile are among of the worlds largest industries. Total Global apparel exports are worth approximately USD 412 billion (2011) and global textile exports USD 294 billion.
Clothing - number of people employed
- 14.5 million in 1990
- 13.1 million in 1995
- 13.0 million in 2000
Textiles - number of people employed
- 19.7 million in 1990
- 16.8 million in 1995
- 13.5 million in 2000
Textiles & Clothing - number of people employed
- 34.2 million in 1990
- 29.9 million in 1995
- 26.5 million in 2000
Country Facts & Figures
Fashion industry statistics U.S.A. 2012
- Value of sales US$284 billion at retail
- Consumption of 19 billion garments
- 280.000 fashion retail outlets
- 3 million U.S. apparel industry workers
- 1 million U.S. footwear industry workers
- On average, every American in the United States spent $910 on more than 62 garments in 2011.
- Americans continue to spend a smaller percentage of their household income to buy more clothes.
- China is the largest supplier of apparel to the U.S. market supplying nearly 34 percent of apparel sold in the U.S.
- Trade and fashion business information on apparel consumption, production, imports, retail and employment.
Main fashion industry statistics source
- How many pieces of clothing are sold world wide? How many people work in the international fashion industry? What is the total sales of clothing in the world?
- This is the FashionUnited page with Facts and Figures about the fashion industry.
- The International fashion market is a leading industry well known for key players like Inditex, LVMH, H&M, Nike, VF Corporation, Richemont, Adidas, Fast Retailing, Abercrombie & Fitch, Prada, Gap, Dior, Urban Outfitters, Burberry.
- This page is the main page with fashion industry statistics which FashionUnited has available at the moment.
- Clothing industry facts and figures - United States
- Fashion industry facts - France
- Modebranche facts and figures - Germany
- Textile and apparel sector statistics - Netherlands
- Clothing industry facts and figures in the United Kingdom
- Apparel and textiles industry facts - India
- Fashion industry facts - Spain
- Bangladesh Garment Industry - Bangladesh
- China is textile and garment export champion of the world - China
- Vietnam's garment industry is having its best time - Vietnam
- Statistics Indonesia - Indonesia
Global fashion market numbers including international market details.